Sage are withdrawing support for Sage Line 50 products running on Windows XP if you bought your Sage product after April 2014.
If you bought your product before April 2014, my understanding is they will continue supporting the sage element but not the XP element, see sage’s blog here.
Which Sage Products are affected?
- Sage 50 Accounts
- Sage 50 Payroll
- Sage Instant Accounts
Sage will still support the sage package, however if you have any issues which relate to Windows XP then they will not longer be supported.
So what options do you have?
- You could go out & buy a new (refurbished) machine as one of my contacts has done with Windows 7 or 8 installed on it & run your Sage system from that.
- You could move to another accounting system, for example highly recommended are KashFlow or Clear Books or Xerox I know businesses who have moved to these systems and found the transition simple, easy and are happy with the products. There are many others out there, so do your research and find the one that is right for you.
- Change nothing and hope that after July this year your Windows XP box has no issues. This is not the one I would personally recommend.
It all comes down to personal choice the questions you should be asking yourself are:
- If you write a list of what you actually need from an accounting system, is Sage Line 50 the correct product to be using?
- Is there another system that is more aligned to your accounting needs?
- If you work with an accountant, ask them which software they would prefer you to be on & why? It may be that using a certain software they are familiar with means you might be able to save on any additional support package you bought with your accounting software.
What do you have to do?
Speak to your accountant for advice that is tailored to your business from people who already know about your business.
Visit my website to read how I have helped other businesses get better control of their cash flow.
Pick up the phone and call me on 07756 772950 I offer free 10minute phone calls.